Well, I’ve finally got round to it, I’ve jumped on the blogging band wagon with an aim of sharing my love for good food, wine and beer. This is a bit of a strange time for me as I’ve just relocated back to Belfast after a six year stint in Dublin, so a big part of this blog will be about a Belfast native, rediscovering the foodie delights of his home town. Not only that, but I’m passionate about local food and finding local producers, and a few years spent as a cheese monger in the wonderful Sheridan’s in Galway taught me an appreciation for farmhouse, handcrafted food and I aim to hunt out the best that Ireland has to offer, with a bias towards the northern counties of course. I hope you enjoy.
May 23, 2011
Finally, at last…
About The Pickled Quince
I'm a Belfast native, living in Dublin who is passionate about good food, wine and beer, and all the excellent produce that Ireland has to offer. View all posts by The Pickled Quince
This entry was posted on Monday, May 23rd, 2011 at 5:14 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
The Pickled Quince
- Seriously folks a cappuccino is not a dessert! 3 months ago
- New blog post - thepickledquince.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/why… 5 months ago
- RT @Chrismolloy_: Tuesday the 24th Developing Donegal's Food Tourism Experiences, talks from @Donegal_food @EveAnneMcCarron @SineadFailte… 6 months ago
- @JoannaBlythman @CDArtisanFood follow both if you care about local artisan food production 6 months ago
- @FrenchfoodieinD pho Pasteur for amazing Vietnamese and you got to go to Katz for a pastrami sandwich 7 months ago
Popular TagsAnchovies Artisan Asian chicken soup Asian recipe Bakewell tart Baking Ballyhackamore Belfast Belfast baker Belfast Blonde Biodiversity Bridgestone Guide brunch Brunch in Belfast cakes Cakes by James Cefalu Chicken noodle soup clams coffee Colin Tudge Craft beer Dermot Carey Donal Doherty Donegal Donegal restaurant dough Equinox Shop and Cafe Gelato Harry's hidden Belfast Hilden Hilden Brewing Company Il Pirata independent Belfast business Independent shops Inishfood Inishowen Irish Moiled Italian food Italy James Watson lunch lunch in Belfast Merchant Hotel mussels Neill's Hill olives onions pasta pastry Pheasants' Hill pizza Pork buns ragu recipe rare breeds Restaurant review Restaurants in East Belfast sardines seafood Sicily Slow Food smoked salmon steak tart Thai fish sauce The Tap Room Tony O'Neil traditional Italian food travel writing Trevor Sargeant Tuscany Umami Vongole wedding cakes